Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Welcome to the Wyrd

Welcome to the Wyrd (pronounced like 'weird'.) For those who don't know what 'wyrd' is, wyrd quite simply put is: fate and how it works. I won't bother going into the origins of the word. I figure you can look it up if you really want to. I'm not interested in 'the origin' of the words. I'm only interested in their meaning and how it applys to the function in which I have chosen to use it. So... you won't find me saying how it's from Sumerian and means "To thunder with great enthusiasm". Those people drive me nuts. I've always prided myself on writing things in a way which people can understand and relate to better. Perhaps I've always been off-base. Who's to say? I ramble. Let's get back to the topic of wyrd.

I believe a bit in fate. I don't place 100% faith in the subject, as I believe that fate (in and of itself) is an ever changing thing. It's just like getting a divination reading. The cards, the Runes, the pokey sticks- they all show you one possibility as you travel forward. They show you the possibility of what will become. You can choose to either follow the reading or you can choose to deviate from it and make a new path. I believe we control our fates. There are some things that happen that we have very little control of when they happen, but they have more flexibility than one would first realize. Of course you'd have to believe as I do. I believe that we are masters of our own spheres of existence. What's true for you in not necessarily true for others. Sometimes we have something in common with one another and we find ourselves sharing a little bit of the same path. Each path is still unique to itself, and no two people will or even can follow the same path. Walk along behind someone some time and try to mimic everything they do. You cannot do it. First of all, you cannot mimic how hard they step down. Second, you can't drop your foot the same way. Third? Your body cannot occupy the same physical space and time as theirs. In the end, you can mimic, but you cannot 'become' them. Thus? Each person travels in their own existence. How does this apply to changing fate? Changing one's fate is like changing one's clothing. Learn to do it and you'll find that there is much that you can do. Besides, people look funny naked.

Welcome to the Well of Wyrd.

No comments:

Post a Comment